Long Time No See
It has been some time since I blogged anything. I've been a bit busy with the new job, building a database in the evenings, and spending time with Tim Sr.
Joshua and Rachel made it into town for a visit. I missed them., and was glad to have them home for a few days. We learned from Joshua that "Google" is a misspelling. The founders learned that a "googal" was the number 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. The founders thought that was pretty nifty keen, and decide to name their website after the number. Unfortunately, there was no google.com at that time - so they misspelled the name of their site. I thought that tidbit was pretty kewl.
We are hoping to spend time this year with each of our children. We have reservations for Memorial Day weekend in Chicago with Tim & Marisa, and look forward to celebrating their tenth anniversary with them.
Looks like we will drive rather than fly to Richmond to see Jim and Charlotte. Airfare is @$800 for a direct flight that takes an hour and a half - or @$400 for a layover flight that takes 8 hours. So.... I think we'll opt for the 8 hoour drive. We still need to work on the dates and see if Jim and Charlotte will be free.
Visiting Kate and Steve will probably happen in the fall when the weather here turns chilly, and it is still warm there.
And of course, a visit to see Joshua and Rachel in Wheeling is the easiest. Tim wants to look into staying at Oglebay Park so he can try the golf course there.
I'm really sorry we were not able to pull together a family vacation this year. We had such a wonderful time together at Christmas, and I want to do it again! Hopefully we can make arrangements for next year.
My new job is challenging and interesting. The team is a great bunch of people who speak their minds boldly. I find their attitudes refreshing. They support one another constructively and positively. Without pretense or patronizing politeness they are honest, direct, fun and highly professional. Their willingness to work through new approaches and new ideas makes my job very interesting and rewarding.
If you did not know, Tim and I quit smoking last year. I am grateful to be a non-smoker, but must admit the weight gain has been very upsetting to me. So far I have gained 35 pounds. Fortunately there is a Curves exercise facility in the ground floor of my office building, and our office has a ladies shower and dressing room. That makes it much easier for me to get in a good workout before work or during lunch. I finally quit gaining, and look forward to losing the weight. I am amazed at how much work and discomfort it is to carry this much weight. I just cannot seem to get comfortable inside my skin.
That's it for now. I didn't take any pictures since my last posting - so here are some old ones that are favorites of mine from our trip to Fripp Island. They look so cool when larger. Just click on them, and they will open in a new window in full screen.
Joshua and Rachel made it into town for a visit. I missed them., and was glad to have them home for a few days. We learned from Joshua that "Google" is a misspelling. The founders learned that a "googal" was the number 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. The founders thought that was pretty nifty keen, and decide to name their website after the number. Unfortunately, there was no google.com at that time - so they misspelled the name of their site. I thought that tidbit was pretty kewl.
We are hoping to spend time this year with each of our children. We have reservations for Memorial Day weekend in Chicago with Tim & Marisa, and look forward to celebrating their tenth anniversary with them.
Looks like we will drive rather than fly to Richmond to see Jim and Charlotte. Airfare is @$800 for a direct flight that takes an hour and a half - or @$400 for a layover flight that takes 8 hours. So.... I think we'll opt for the 8 hoour drive. We still need to work on the dates and see if Jim and Charlotte will be free.
Visiting Kate and Steve will probably happen in the fall when the weather here turns chilly, and it is still warm there.
And of course, a visit to see Joshua and Rachel in Wheeling is the easiest. Tim wants to look into staying at Oglebay Park so he can try the golf course there.
I'm really sorry we were not able to pull together a family vacation this year. We had such a wonderful time together at Christmas, and I want to do it again! Hopefully we can make arrangements for next year.
My new job is challenging and interesting. The team is a great bunch of people who speak their minds boldly. I find their attitudes refreshing. They support one another constructively and positively. Without pretense or patronizing politeness they are honest, direct, fun and highly professional. Their willingness to work through new approaches and new ideas makes my job very interesting and rewarding.
If you did not know, Tim and I quit smoking last year. I am grateful to be a non-smoker, but must admit the weight gain has been very upsetting to me. So far I have gained 35 pounds. Fortunately there is a Curves exercise facility in the ground floor of my office building, and our office has a ladies shower and dressing room. That makes it much easier for me to get in a good workout before work or during lunch. I finally quit gaining, and look forward to losing the weight. I am amazed at how much work and discomfort it is to carry this much weight. I just cannot seem to get comfortable inside my skin.
That's it for now. I didn't take any pictures since my last posting - so here are some old ones that are favorites of mine from our trip to Fripp Island. They look so cool when larger. Just click on them, and they will open in a new window in full screen.


5 Comments:
Mom- Great update! We were really glad to be home as well. It's nice to just be somewhere where people aren't slamming doors and screaming the f-word at each other. Not that that's how it is down here all the time.
My letters sound cool:
arogegs
what kind of database are you building??? -r
bqlkpp
sounds like fun. wish we could have been there. we look forward to your visit. i will have a week off late in august in between summer and fall sessions, maybe that will work? i'll let you know when it is. if it is no good, i'll just have to take soem time off for your visit.
don't know it well, what are you hoping it will do? track your bills or is this for work?
my word sounds dirty...nefgnSXZ
Who is "r" writing as Anonymous?
Post a Comment
<< Home