Catching Up
Since my last posting, some big events have taken place. First, Joshua and Rachel had a beautiful wedding on July 29th. Each moment was meticulously planned to honor God, their families and friends, and to be a witness of their values and beliefs. It was a wonderful time for everyone. Dad and I looked at the pictures over and over again. It was such a beautiful occasion.
All weekend I was surrounded by my family, and I found myself constantly thinking about how proud I am of each one of them. I realized that when I refer to "my children," my mind and heart automatically include my daughters-in-law. Everyone in my family is so different from one another, and yet the bond is so deep between them all. I find this awesome and wonderful. They really are interesting and exciting people, and I miss having them all close by.
The second big event was informing Bill Ryan and Kevin Bang that I am looking for another job. That has made things pretty stressful at work. In the evenings I search the internet, and have sent my resume to several companies. So far I have not had any interviews, and that has really added to my stress. I think I better start contacting the head hunters and see if that helps.
The third event as agreeing to be Weekend Chair for an upcoming Tres Dias retreat weekend. What was I thinking??? If anyone other than JoAnn Dottore asked me to do this, I would have said no. Most evenings I'm buried by making phone calls as my job is to coordinate the community volunteers. I've decided I cannot handle all that is on my plate right now, and I'm now looking for another person to help me coordinate everything.
Saturday Tim decided I should take a day off from everything, and he took me to the Geauga County Fair. Even though Hurricane Ernesto was overhead, and the temperature was in the low 60s, we thoroughly enjoyed the day. I had to laugh at seeing the horses, lambs and goats in their blanket coats - just as we had put Molly and Gizmo in their fleece coats. I guess if a sweater or blanket is a good idea for farm animals, it only makes sense for shivering little house pets too.
Yesterday (Sunday) Tim and I drove down to Wheeling Jesuit to see Joshua and Rachel for the first time since their wedding. They have been resourceful in decorating and organizing everything so that it is a very pleasant and comfortable apartment. As Dad and I enjoyed Rachel's delicous baked brie, I realized we were sittting on my mother's love seat. (Yes, Tim, Joshua and Rachel are taking very good care of it.)
We took the dogs with us on a walk at Oglebay Park. The whole place very much reminded me the setting at Biltmore House. It was beautiful, and I want to go back there. (I was shocked to discover how winded I got from climbing the hills. I really have to quit smoking, but wondering if it isn't too late.) After the lovely walk we went back to the apartment and Joshua made us delicious Philly Cheesteak hoagies. yummmmmmm. After Dairy Queen sundaes for dessert, we left and decided the drive home felt shorter than the drive down. (I don't understand why it took us longer to get to Wheeling than to get to Pittsburgh. Doesn't make sense, but that's what happened.)
Today I would be making phone calls for Tres Dias, but I ate too much of Rachel's delicious brie before I realized I was eating raspberry jam. So today I have a hive on my tongue, and cannot talk. (Lucky Tim Sr.)
Rather than bore you with the facts about missing having a large family around me, or that I feel overly stressed about my current job and the job search, here are some pictures of Molly and Gizmo, and the porch renovations.
Molly & Gizmo in the new Florida Room
Gizmo is a cutie.
Porch Remodel
Day One - The walls come down.
Porch Remodel - New headers and windows framed
Porch Remodel - Windows are going in,
and outside being rebuilt as well
Windows all done.
New ceiling going in.
Many thanks to Jim and Jeremy
Finally! A huge job is all done.
Looks maahhvelous and is a pleasant place to relax.
All weekend I was surrounded by my family, and I found myself constantly thinking about how proud I am of each one of them. I realized that when I refer to "my children," my mind and heart automatically include my daughters-in-law. Everyone in my family is so different from one another, and yet the bond is so deep between them all. I find this awesome and wonderful. They really are interesting and exciting people, and I miss having them all close by.
The second big event was informing Bill Ryan and Kevin Bang that I am looking for another job. That has made things pretty stressful at work. In the evenings I search the internet, and have sent my resume to several companies. So far I have not had any interviews, and that has really added to my stress. I think I better start contacting the head hunters and see if that helps.
The third event as agreeing to be Weekend Chair for an upcoming Tres Dias retreat weekend. What was I thinking??? If anyone other than JoAnn Dottore asked me to do this, I would have said no. Most evenings I'm buried by making phone calls as my job is to coordinate the community volunteers. I've decided I cannot handle all that is on my plate right now, and I'm now looking for another person to help me coordinate everything.
Saturday Tim decided I should take a day off from everything, and he took me to the Geauga County Fair. Even though Hurricane Ernesto was overhead, and the temperature was in the low 60s, we thoroughly enjoyed the day. I had to laugh at seeing the horses, lambs and goats in their blanket coats - just as we had put Molly and Gizmo in their fleece coats. I guess if a sweater or blanket is a good idea for farm animals, it only makes sense for shivering little house pets too.
Yesterday (Sunday) Tim and I drove down to Wheeling Jesuit to see Joshua and Rachel for the first time since their wedding. They have been resourceful in decorating and organizing everything so that it is a very pleasant and comfortable apartment. As Dad and I enjoyed Rachel's delicous baked brie, I realized we were sittting on my mother's love seat. (Yes, Tim, Joshua and Rachel are taking very good care of it.)
We took the dogs with us on a walk at Oglebay Park. The whole place very much reminded me the setting at Biltmore House. It was beautiful, and I want to go back there. (I was shocked to discover how winded I got from climbing the hills. I really have to quit smoking, but wondering if it isn't too late.) After the lovely walk we went back to the apartment and Joshua made us delicious Philly Cheesteak hoagies. yummmmmmm. After Dairy Queen sundaes for dessert, we left and decided the drive home felt shorter than the drive down. (I don't understand why it took us longer to get to Wheeling than to get to Pittsburgh. Doesn't make sense, but that's what happened.)
Today I would be making phone calls for Tres Dias, but I ate too much of Rachel's delicious brie before I realized I was eating raspberry jam. So today I have a hive on my tongue, and cannot talk. (Lucky Tim Sr.)
Rather than bore you with the facts about missing having a large family around me, or that I feel overly stressed about my current job and the job search, here are some pictures of Molly and Gizmo, and the porch renovations.
Molly & Gizmo in the new Florida Room
Gizmo is a cutie.
Porch RemodelDay One - The walls come down.
Porch Remodel - New headers and windows framed
Porch Remodel - Windows are going in,and outside being rebuilt as well
Windows all done.New ceiling going in.
Many thanks to Jim and Jeremy
Finally! A huge job is all done.Looks maahhvelous and is a pleasant place to relax.


2 Comments:
i have just one question.... why doesnt anyone think of steve as family??? even though were not married weve been together for just as long are jer and char almost? what the hell??? thats not fair, his family thinks of me as family! by the way mom the porch looks great. and you all wonder why steve sometimes doesnt seem comfy! i just dont get it.
I'm sorry you feel that way Katie. I hope that you can feel like he is part of the family eventually. I know it took a while for Rachel to feel that way. I think this obviously needs to be talked through, however, I don't think this is the right place for such a discussion.
Post a Comment
<< Home