09 February 2007

Mom's New Office

I started my new job this week. I feel incredibly blessed. It is a testament as to how God delivers His plans for us in ways we could have never planned for ourselves.

The people are great. I really enjoy them. The job holds challenges, and I am excited about tackling them. Sometimes I feel like I should be checking for the Candid Camera to make sure someone is not pranking me. The job really is a blessing.

Anyway, I thought you'd enjoy seeing the view from my desk. Just click any picture to see it in a larger view.

My office is on the 38th floor, and I am on the east side of the building. Usually when I get to work in the morning, the clouds are still lifting. As the day progresses, the clouds lift - except for over the snow belt that extends due east.



The picture below was taken later in the day, and we are looking southeast.
That one tall building is the Tower at Cleveland State Univ.
(I'm keeping my eye on you, Jeremy!!)


Below the photo is looking due east. You can clearly see the line of clouds in the distance that perpetually lie above Chardon and parts east - known as the Snow Belt. Even though Lake Erie is currently frozen, and the winds aloft are not picking up humiidity to dump on the "snow belt", the clouds just hang over the swathe of land ...


They tell me that on clear days, I will be able to see well beyond Little Mountain in Mentor,-
and all the way to the Perry nuclear power plant.
The picture below is looking to the north.
Between the freeway and the frozen lake shore is Burke Lakefront Airport.

Thanks for your prayers and support. We feel incredibly blessed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Darren W. Carter said...

What a view!

Can't see any beaver dams from that view :o)

Darren

February 11, 2007  
Blogger Joshua said...

Mom, I'm really happy about your new job. It's about time you were in a "real" company that understood how to value and compensate its employees.

Here's hoping!

February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sitting in your office at your desk, on your computer wondering why you don't update this thing.

I can hear you guys in the kitchen!

I don't want to go back to Chicago tomorrow morning!

February 25, 2007  
Blogger Joshua said...

So.... how's the job going now? Are you so incredibly busy that you don't have time to post? If so, I completely understand.

March 08, 2007  
Blogger Joshua said...

POST!!!!!!!!!!

March 21, 2007  
Blogger Tim and Deane said...

Alright! Alright! I will post!!

March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home