The Dressing Room
We took possession of our house in December, 1987 and moved into it in January, 1988. At the time the house felt cavernous, and we thought we would never be able to fill it.
A lot of junk found its way into this house over the last 20 years, and we certainly did fill it. Now I am in the process of clearing out and tossing out. This week I started on to the infamous hinterlands formally known as (in chronological order) Timmy's Room, Jeremy's Room and The Dressing Room. It has received some unusual decorating over the years.
Tim Jr., do you remember the closet wall that Don destroyed in an attempt to help you install shelves? Well, it is fixed now. I pulled out all the shelves and the closet rod and all the nails and hooks, and I repaired the walls. Yes, that's right. I climbed up on the ladder to pull out those behemoth shelves. But, before I dismantled everything, I gently brought down your enormous box of comic books. The fading ink on the lid reads Don't Throw Away!!!!! Tim Jr's Comic Books 4-93 When would you like to come and get the box?
In the far closet near the windows I found a little piece of paper partially stuck between the baseboard molding and the wall. It had a stupid looking picture on it, and I was about to pull it out when I thought to myself, Jeremy kept the head of his bed in this closet. So, I went to get my tweezers. I carefully picked up the stupid little picture, and took it outside to the trashcan in the garage. It was either a stupid little picture, or it was an old acid hit. In any case, it is trash now. When I asked Jeremy about it this evening, he said it better that the picture wasn't anywhere the dogs could get to it.
After sundown this evening Jeremy and I went into the room, turned out the lights, and found the last remains of the hundreds of glow-in-the-dark stars and dots that he had spread all over the room. As he popped the last ones off, he reminisced his fond memories of his black light, his bong, and his glow-in-the-dark stars. Afterwards I took a break and proof read his resume and scholarship applications. (I thank God for every angel that He sent to watch over my children.)
The Unfinished Predator still remains on the wall. I never had the heart to paint over him (or maybe it was that I never had the nerve). He still crouches - ready to pounce down on the glass shower doors that have been stored in that corner for the past ten years. But in a few days, he will be covered behind a layer of BIN, and the shower doors will go to the attic to await their reinstallation.
After this room is plastered and painted, I'm sorry to say, there will be no more of Kate's grade school signatures anywhere in the house. I think we will have plastered and painted the last of Katie Elek that was scratched into the walls or woodwork in the house.
It has been a long time coming, but that is the LAST room to get spruced up.
I took pictures, but the room is so little there is no way to get far enough back to take a picture of the whole room. Once the fresh paint is up, this will be the only record of the previous tenants decorating schemes.

The shelves and closet rod were removed from this closet.
All the damage was repaired. Once it is painted we will
install new drawer units, a shoe rack and shelving.
In the far closet we will keep one upper shelf and the hanging rod.
Dad fixed the pull chains in both closets and added longer chains that I can actually reach.
A lot of junk found its way into this house over the last 20 years, and we certainly did fill it. Now I am in the process of clearing out and tossing out. This week I started on to the infamous hinterlands formally known as (in chronological order) Timmy's Room, Jeremy's Room and The Dressing Room. It has received some unusual decorating over the years.
Tim Jr., do you remember the closet wall that Don destroyed in an attempt to help you install shelves? Well, it is fixed now. I pulled out all the shelves and the closet rod and all the nails and hooks, and I repaired the walls. Yes, that's right. I climbed up on the ladder to pull out those behemoth shelves. But, before I dismantled everything, I gently brought down your enormous box of comic books. The fading ink on the lid reads Don't Throw Away!!!!! Tim Jr's Comic Books 4-93 When would you like to come and get the box?
In the far closet near the windows I found a little piece of paper partially stuck between the baseboard molding and the wall. It had a stupid looking picture on it, and I was about to pull it out when I thought to myself, Jeremy kept the head of his bed in this closet. So, I went to get my tweezers. I carefully picked up the stupid little picture, and took it outside to the trashcan in the garage. It was either a stupid little picture, or it was an old acid hit. In any case, it is trash now. When I asked Jeremy about it this evening, he said it better that the picture wasn't anywhere the dogs could get to it.
After sundown this evening Jeremy and I went into the room, turned out the lights, and found the last remains of the hundreds of glow-in-the-dark stars and dots that he had spread all over the room. As he popped the last ones off, he reminisced his fond memories of his black light, his bong, and his glow-in-the-dark stars. Afterwards I took a break and proof read his resume and scholarship applications. (I thank God for every angel that He sent to watch over my children.)
The Unfinished Predator still remains on the wall. I never had the heart to paint over him (or maybe it was that I never had the nerve). He still crouches - ready to pounce down on the glass shower doors that have been stored in that corner for the past ten years. But in a few days, he will be covered behind a layer of BIN, and the shower doors will go to the attic to await their reinstallation.
After this room is plastered and painted, I'm sorry to say, there will be no more of Kate's grade school signatures anywhere in the house. I think we will have plastered and painted the last of Katie Elek that was scratched into the walls or woodwork in the house.
It has been a long time coming, but that is the LAST room to get spruced up.
I took pictures, but the room is so little there is no way to get far enough back to take a picture of the whole room. Once the fresh paint is up, this will be the only record of the previous tenants decorating schemes.
And HEY!!
How come NO comments about my new job?
I thought you would all be pleased for me.
How come NO comments about my new job?
I thought you would all be pleased for me.

Sheesh. No wonder this was never finished.
Who could sleep with this thing ready to leap
down off the wall onto you?
And you said a clown painting terrified you?
Who could sleep with this thing ready to leap
down off the wall onto you?
And you said a clown painting terrified you?
The shelves and closet rod were removed from this closet.All the damage was repaired. Once it is painted we will
install new drawer units, a shoe rack and shelving.
In the far closet we will keep one upper shelf and the hanging rod.Dad fixed the pull chains in both closets and added longer chains that I can actually reach.




4 Comments:
attempting to leave a comment...
well, apparently you need to be logged in for your blog to leave a comment on yours. I just tried to do it by going in through your blog page, but it took me to a loggin in page and once I was logged in to my own blog I then viewed yours through mine and could then leave a message. That seems a little strange, but I don't know.....
fbsabfsd;nfksld
ok its working now.
Post a Comment
<< Home