31 March 2007

April 1, 2007

Today is April 1st, but I cannot think of a good prank.

All the Eleks who live in Cleveland are off work on Easter Sunday, so we are going to have a family dinner here that afternoon. I invited cousins Scott and Renee as well. Aunt Vee and Uncle Howard leave that morning for a golf vacation with Uncle Jim and Aunt Marilyn.

Dad and Jeremy pulled the hard cap off Charlene's Jeep today and installed the soft cap. That was no simple feat. They actually used directions. We were going to make her store the hard cap on the lawn on the side of the garage like Tim Jr. had to do for his truck, but then they remembered we have a shed in the back yard. After they pulled out the lawn furniture there was room for the hard cap AND the lawn mower.

While we were in the front yard climbing around the Jeep, Ollie and Jack were happily sniffing around the yard. The sheep-dog lady from down the street came walking by, and so naturally Jack and Ollie went to say hello to her dog. Wow, she really over reacted. She acted as if they were voracious wolves. Sheesh. Dad said she did the same thing last fall when the monster Gizmo ran up to her wagging her tail.

We decided to send Charlene to answer the door if the cops come calling.

Katie had her biopsy this past week. I find it worrisome that my daughter needed to have a cervical biopsy, and she is so far away. We are praying it all comes back with a good report.

Jeremy had great news. He won a full scholarship paying 100% of his tuition, books, academic fees and housing. He has several smaller scholarships as well. He said the school will cash the smaller scholarships and allow him to use the funds to pay down his existing student loans. He has worked so hard, and really loves everything he's learning. We could not be more proud or happier for him.

I get so sappy when I think about my family. Each one is dynamic, interesting and interested - with good minds and good hearts. I know my kids prefer to downplay when I say things like that, but I cannot help it. I am so proud of every man and woman.

The Ohio State basketball game is about to start. Guess I better go watch it so I will know what all the conversations are about for the next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that lady is nutts. next time we should send alllllllll the dogs after her. i mean really. shes nutts.

April 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home